The PTA raises fund throughout the school year to pay for certain on-going supplies and activities:
- Recess Equipment – The PTA will purchase items like basketballs, hula hoops and sidewalk chalk for playground use.
- Classroom Supplies – Teachers can apply for a PTA Mini Grant for classroom needs (holiday crafts, reading nook seating, rugs…)
- School Assemblies – This year, we’ll bring in more special events that inspire arts-based learning. Last year we funded: Mad Science, Animal Embassy, Wizard of Oz, and Gwen Laster Quartet.
We are also currently raising money to help fund a master plan for the playground and outdoor classroom areas.
In addition to these exciting goals, we’ll still be providing a lot of South Ave. favorites:
- The Spirit of Beacon Day Float
- Family Fun Nights – Fall Festival, Karaoke Caroling, Earth Day, and other themed nights
- Book Fairs – This twice-yearly event brings thousands of dollars of book donations into the classrooms and directly to students.
- Educational Technology – Ozobots, Minecraft, Maker Boxes in library and media classes
- Holiday Shop – Allows students to buy inexpensive gifts for their loved ones
- Color Family Fun Run – a crazy color-filled fun run, which happens to be a huge fundraiser for us each year.
- Staff Appreciation Events – Because our teachers and staff are the best!
But we couldn’t do it without our members. Your contributions and volunteer work make all of these wonderful things possible at South Avenue. Find out how you can get involved.